Financial Times - Property

Thursday 21 January 2010

2010 The Market So Far...

Right straight to the point...

2010; who knows what this year is going to bring here at the end of what is effectively the 3rd week of January little has changed in the central London property market to give us much of an idea of what to expect.

Speaking with many of the agents the same stories seemed to be cropping up... not much interest and not much stock...

However things seem to be changing this week, hear say of deals being done, the odd agent telling me that things are really picking up in the sales market, plenty of buyers scrabbling for the limited stock available... I even heard of a record price being agreed on St Georges Square in Pimlico! (God the buyer must be desperate, to want to live next to that bunker of Pimlico Comp!)

When I hear stories like this I always have to analyse the likely truth factor of the agent telling me this, to be honest most are truthful and honest, especialy with me as they know I know what I am talking about, but then from time to time you get agents acting like an enthusiastic Jack Russel that tell you that the market's flying, as they furiously wag their tail! For some reason these agents never actually manage to sell me anything... Hmmmmm

But overall I think there is a confidence growing at the moment, various residential funds are being set up, deals are being pieced together, and mortgage approvals are on the up. One agent mentioned more valuations taking place so I think the sentiment is there, lets hope it stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment